1. I had lunch with my best friend since elementary school last week. When we were in 2nd grade, our teacher dubbed our table the “Giggle Gang” because were were always laughing. Sixteen years later that hasn’t changed! Seeing her is such a delight! We have a wonderful, honest, spontaneous friendship. Last year she convinced me to go on a cruise, and within 10 days we had the whole thing booked 🙂
2. My brother the Confirmation Candidate went with me to Adoration last week! This is part of the personal training that I want to give him before he makes Confirmation. I was nervous about bringing him because he doesn’t like to sit still for long, let along sit still and be quiet, but he did fairly well (there was a bit of tapping and drumming and leg shaking). I don’t know if he did any praying, but at least he had exposure to the Blessed Sacrament.
3. My brother also met the wonderful Fr. Rob Ketcham who runs Adoration at this particular parish and is director of petersboat.net. Fr. Rob gave him a t-shirt with this quote on it: “Let no one have contempt for your youth, but set an example for those who believe, in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity.” (1 Timothy 4:12) My brother later confided, “I don’t know why, but I think this quote is awesome!” So maybe God is getting through to this boy!
4. My gut reaction to Where Have All the Good (Wo)Men Gone? and Guys vs. Men? Sadness. Poor men. Poor women. I know we’re fallen, but certainly we can treat each other better than this. Hopefully with Theology of the Body we can change our culture around.
5. Have you been to Dave and Busters? I had such a fun time there last week for a friend’s birthday. Arcade games + sangria + prizes = win!
6. Look, I finally have a picture to submit for the Year of Dresses! I was going to wear pinstripe pants and a nice blouse, but then remembered the Year of Dresses and thought – yes, I should wear a dress to the Phi Beta Kappa Networking Event! This is a smock style Land’s End dress with a pink sweater, belt (much needed; without it the smock style makes me look pregnant) and cute 1940s style shoes.
7. Do you need a Lenten blog post series to follow? I’m very excited to announce that Elizabeth of Startling the Day, Julie of The Corner With A View, and I are starting a new series, which debuts this Mardi Gras! I adore these ladies and am looking forward to their posts! Our first topic: Women and their relationship to the Church. Check out Julie’s blog (#2) for more information on the series!
Have a great weekend!